"Ok, so I use a QR code and send it to my website that does not use Flash and that makes it suitable for all browsers, right?"
Take the example below where we compare the same website. One is a standard website the other is the same site but with adaptive technology applied making it most suitable for tablet and smartphones alike.
If your websites are not ready for the next generation you could be loosing out. Worse yet send a mobile browser to a bad site and you're compromsing the experience big time.
Mobile usage is on the rise and is no longer a market you can afford to ignore.
Some recent developments that may motivate you to get into mobile if your not yet there.
- Of the 4 billion mobile phones, 1.09 are smartphones.
- Android and Apple cover 74% of the market.
- 30% are willing to scan codes to get discount offers.
- 40% of users leaving your store without a purchase were influenced via mobile.
- 95% of mobile acitivity is located around local resources.
- Mobile usage has increased 193% since 2010.
- QR Code scanning increased 300% in 2011.
- Tablets are used an average of 14 hours per week.
- 73% of mobile users access social media apps daily.
- Web traffic via smartphones increased 105% from 2011 to 2012.
- Currently 6 billion mobile global subscribers this equals 87% of the world population.
- Google currently earns 2.5 billion dollars from mobile ads.
- 80% of searches on smartphones are spontaneous.
- 60% smartphone shopping is done at home.
- 38% of media interaction is via smartphone.
More information about adaptive mobile friendly websites can be found here. For a ready made interactive mobile framework you can easily adapt to suit your business, look at the MKB PRO offer.
Remember: QR codes are scanned by mobile devices, please ensure your web services live up to the expectations of mobile users.